Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frugal Junkie

So I have recently discovered 2 things about myself...

1. I am a junkie when it comes to races and running...
2. I CANNOT pass up a dicount, groupon or a good deal when it comes to races...

UH-OH!

It started when there was a Zozi coupon for a color run for $22... It was only a 5k, but I really wanted to do a color run and I knew I could talk a few friends into doing it with me.  It was kinda lame, more of a hike, $10 to park and had to dodge horse poop occasionally on the trail, but overall it was really fun... mainly cuz I got to hang with 2 really good friends and get covered in colored corn starch. 

So Much Fun! CMY5K

I get daily emails from Sharing Spree, Living Social and I just cancelled Groupon emails (I dont believe in what they support) but randomly an email got through to me for Every Girls Half-Marathon for only $35.. OMG, WHAT?!  So I called my running (not so much anymore) buddy and told her I was "DYING" and "Hubby is gonna KILL ME" and she said "I'm TOTALLY gonna do it" OK...and that was it... done deal! I supported Groupon one last time and I will be running Half-Marathon #3 in 72 days on Sunday!


And with the 3 half-marathons in 72 days... I will be qualified at the Neptune level for the Half Fanatics...  A nerd club that supports being a half-marathon junkie! AWESOME!




No comments:

Post a Comment