Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Welcome to the team

Confession... I get kinda nerdy excited when I hear that someone has started running, has a plan to start running, or is just thinking about starting running... it get all excited for them and just start blabbing about how awesome it is, and how you will love it, and you will get addicted... I probably freak them out! ;)
Recently, my Sister sent me the sweetest text "Ok, you have motivated me... lets run something together in September" I motivated someone? OMG, WOW!  She was thinking 5k, but I talked her into a half-marathon (told her she can walk) So I got to take her to Fit Right and PRC to get some new running shoes and socks, create a training schedule for her and share all my "wisdom" that I have learned over the last year.  It was so fun and I cannot WAIT to run the Rogue Run with my Seester! :)

Super Stoked cuz my hubby has been a little envious of my medals hanging on my saide of the bed and none on his that he decided to run Lacamas Lake with me!  The WHOLE family is gonna run in this race...  Isaac and Evie are doing the 4 miler, I am doing the half and Tyson and Nathan are gonna do the 1k kids dash!  I am so excited that we are going to do this as a family and I can't wait for more races in the futire with my family and hopefully eventually seeing my kids running!
And then on Sunday, I was at a BBQ and was talking with a friend and she told me she started the couch to 5k a few weeks back and just recently signed up for a 5k race in September.  So excited for her!  I blabbed and blabbed and we decided next summer we're gonna do a race together... Wee-haw!
My hope and prayer for every person that I have inspired, someone else has inspired or who has made a decision on their own to start running that they feel like they are joining a team.  It's kinda funny how a common passion for running can bring people into your life that you may have never known otherwise and create an instant friendship.  :)

1 comment:

  1. :) I feel the same way! I always think that people think I'm just some crazy obsessed runner trying to turn everyone else into a runner... well, kind of true... but I just want everyone else to feel what I feel! I'm BEYOND thrilled that you are at that point too!! :)

    ReplyDelete